Mountain Housing Council Releases White Paper on Short-Term Rental Market in North Tahoe-Truckee – March 7, 2019.
After nearly a year of research, data analysis, and community input, the Mountain Housing Council has released a white paper examining the short-term rental market in North Tahoe-Truckee.
In the 51-page white paper titled Short-Term Rentals in North Tahoe-Truckee, the Mountain Housing Council (MHC) reports on the most current data and delivers the most thorough analysis of the issue the region has seen to date.
Click here to view the March 7 Press Release and learn more about the Mountain Housing Council Short-Term Rental White Paper.
Recent Press: San Francisco Chronicle, Feb. 8, 2019: “Lake Tahoe houses sit vacant while locals struggle to find affordable housing.”
Studies Referenced in the MHC Short-Term Rental White Paper
- Runyan Economic Report
- Truckee Socio Economic Indicators
- Socio Economic Indicators of Vacation Home Rentals in South Lake Tahoe
- Vacation Home Rentals, Ski Town Association of Co.
Summary Notes from MHC’s Short-Term Rental Tiger Team Meetings
- November 30, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- August 1, 2018
- April 6, 2018
Press on Short Term Rental Issue
- Did Airbnb Kill the Mountain Town? Jul 11, 2017, Outside Magazine, Tom Vanderbilt
- Who’s Next Door? April 12, 2018, Moonshine Ink, by Sage Sauerbrey
- My Life is Your Vacation… Rental December 22, 2017, Moonshine Ink, by Sage Sauerbrey
- The Vexing Problem of Short Term Rentals August 10, 2017, Moonshine Ink, by David Bunker
Addition resources on Short Term Rentals (STRs)
- Releasing Seasonally Occupied (Second) Homes for Long-Term Rental
- Summary of Research of Short-Term Rental Policies from Other Mountain Towns
- Study: Local Government Activities Related to Vacation Home Rentals in the Lake Tahoe Basin, TRPA Local Government Committee Report, December 13, 2017
- The Economic Costs and Benefits of Airbnb, Economic Policy Institute.