Short Term Rentals (STRs) are a growing part of our tourist-based economy. In recognition of the complexity of the topic, including perceptions around impacts and benefits, Mountain Housing Council launched a team of diverse stakeholders to tackle this topic.
Mountain Housing Council Short-Term Rental Analysis (Coming out in Jan. 2019, check here for updates).
Summary Notes from MHC’s Short-Term Rental Tiger Team Meetings
- November 30, 2018
- August 30, 2018
- August 1, 2018
- April 6, 2018
Studies Referenced in the MHC Short-Term Rental Analysis
- Runyan Economic Report
- Socio Economic Indicators
- Socio Economic Indicators of Vacation Home Rentals in South Lake Tahoe
- Vacation Home Rentals, Ski Town Association of Co.
Press on Short Term Rental Issue
- Did Airbnb Kill the Mountain Town? Jul 11, 2017, Outside Magazine, Tom Vanderbilt
- Who’s Next Door? April 12, 2018, Moonshine Ink, by Sage Sauerbrey
- My Life is Your Vacation… Rental December 22, 2017, Moonshine Ink, by Sage Sauerbrey
- The Vexing Problem of Short Term Rentals August 10, 2017, Moonshine Ink, by David Bunker
Addition resources on Short Term Rentals (STRs)
- Releasing Seasonally Occupied (Second) Homes for Long-Term Rental
- Summary of Research of Short-Term Rental Policies from Other Mountain Towns
- Study: Local Government Activities Related to Vacation Home Rentals in the Lake Tahoe Basin, TRPA Local Government Committee Report, December 13, 2017