All of the following teams are working to accelerate solutions to local housing. Click on a link to learn about the efforts going on. Interested in joining a group or learning more about attending a meeting? Email Emily Vitas at email@example.com.
A new mixed income neighborhood for locals and working professionals is being envisioned for the Dollar Hill community in North Lake Tahoe. On Monday March 19, the Development team comprised of Related California, Pacific West Communities and Dinsmore Sierra held their first community open house to hear and gather community feedback about the development. Representatives from Placer County and the Mountain Housing Council (MHC) kicked off the meeting with a presentation on the workforce housing needs in the region and volunteers from the MHC recorded public comments at each of the developer stations. Comments will inform the design and site plan of the future community that will house the local workforce.
The majority of the attendees were neighbors and community members. The development team is hoping for additional feedback from the local workforce so that housing type, size and preferences can also be considered in this early planning phase of the development. Please send comments and thoughts on the development to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Meetings: May 20, 2019 and July 19, 2019 in Tahoe City, location TBD.
- Housing Tahoe Partnership targets flexible parking policy to unlock more affordable housing in South Lake Tahoe
- Housing Tahoe Partnership – Sewer Fee Reduction Policy, South Tahoe Public Utility District
- The MHC shows up to advocate for California’s rural regions
- The San Francisco Chronicle Highlights the Mountain Housing Council’s Soon-to-be-Released Short-Term Rental White Paper
- California Governor Makes Housing Top Priority, Seeks $1.75 Billion to Spur Housing Production
- Five Key Points in Comstock’s Magazine’s Article on Development Fees
- Mountain Housing Council Releases Recommendations on Development Fees
- Placer County Moves Forward on Dollar Hill Achievable Housing Project
- Comstock’s Magazine Spotlights Placer County Housing Efforts